On Government - audio rant

Another track done for "Audio REvolt"! Sweet

ON GOVERNMENT - rekzrantz 12-16-2009 by REkzkaRZ
I uploaded it to http://SoundCloud.com/rekzkarz

LYRICS are below. (Music is better)

ON GOVERNMENT

I, rekzkarz, a citizen of United States of America, so declare a desire to regain my freedom and protect my natural rights as a living being.

We as human beings share the following rights: the right to food, water, shelter, general safety, and the pursuit of spiritual, emotional, and economic success.

My God is not your God, nor is your God mine. If you have a faith, feel free to use it. If you do not have one, so be it.

My pleasures may not match your pleasures. Grant me my pursuits if no one is hurt. I grant you the same. Should I opt to use a different drug than you, if no one is hurt it can not be a crime. If only I am hurt, please try to help, but do not punish me for my vice.

My acts which harm no-one are not a crime. I claim my rights to live as I will, harming no-one, without punishment by a moralistic, judgemental Government.

I demand the right to choose where my tax dollars go. I have the right to decide, in a democracy, whether my tax dollars go to children or to the war machine.

Lastly, I choose to reclaim parts of my language stolen by propaganda, corporations, and television.

The Department of Defense, I call you The Department of War.
PeaceKeepers, I call you Soldiers.
Our 2 Party Democracy, I call you an Oligarchy or Republic -- until our Government is changed.
Our Founding Fathers, I call you wealthy white slave owners, rulers, and businessmen.

Democrat, I call you the Wealthy Moderate Party.
Republican, I call you the Business, Weath, and Pro War Party.
Pro-Choice, I call you Pro-Female.
Pro-Life Movement, I call you Movement to Defend the Unborn.

The government of this country has choices about which heritage to pursue:

Many Governments of the past have been characterized by despotic tyrants, cruel rulers who are above the laws and rule downwards, using nationalism to steer the masses, forcing obediance, and requiring blind loyalty.

More modern Governments seek to be enlightened, seeing themselves as granted an opportunity to serve their fellow people. These Governments are not above the law nor any fellow citizen, and they seek to form laws to protect rights of everyday people. These governments encourage people to be knowledgable, capable, and self-aware.

Citizens of these countries freely question, may disagree with authority, and have institutions to examine difficult issues -- to get redress. The loyalty these governments create stems from self-love and pride in national character.

Should you, USA Government, return to the mistaken road of dicatatorial rule, your power-mongering will be your undoing.

President Bush & his chronies abused their power, harshly damaged the country, expanded the deployment of the military across the globe without adequately proving the provocation's source, and as such they should all be put on trial and impeached of any benefits they are due.

These few completely abused a system which is growing in the other direction, more towards freedom.

It is upon us, the citizenry, to defend our freedoms.
It is upon the Government, to defend our rights -- without ruining the lives of other free peoples.

No comments: