Machine Screams enters the RPM Challenge for Feb 2010!

Make an entire CD in Feb?
10 tracks (or 35 minutes)???
Can it be done?
YES!!!

I invite you to join me on the RPM CHALLENGE for Feb 2010!
RPM CHALLENGE Website:
http://www.rpmchallenge.com/eastbayexpress

Also
RPM Challenge Facebook Page

I am asking YOU, my musician friends, if you will contribute to my RPM Challenge project,
"MACHINE SCREAMS", and contribute your music to one or more songs?

What I'd like from you is a commitment
a) to commit to something (ie 1 track of bass, drums, keyboards, vocals, etc) on Track X
b) to lay down your track(s) on top of bottom track
c) to upload your separate track before 15th of Feb (or so?)

I'm envisioning the music creation could go like this:
a) 10 tracks (working titles SCREAM1, SCREAM2, etc), each gets a 'theme' & lyrics
b) I will post a basic MP3 version online (with a lot of blank spots & room to lay down your groove)
c) you can dload the MP3 version, pull it into your DAW (or similar -- even Apple GarageBand or any Windows audio software) and lay down your track, remove or overdo any track in the 'basic' (ie lay down a better beat, more interesting piano solo, etc). *If you don't have digital setup, I'm happy to record you on my portable setup or at my place on my basic home studio.*
d) you save your added track as WAV or AIFF & then somehow get it to me (via email or we post to 'dropbox.com' or similar site) by Feb 15th
e) I mix the tracks together, burn the final CD, and upload MP3's for you to share to anyone/everyone
f) I post a final mixtape to my blog, REkzkaRZ.com, (and later possibly SoundCloud.com)

If you contribute any tracks, you are in effect giving me all rights to that track. Please do not use any syndicated or sampled tracks from other artists, only your work.

I've never done this before, so if anyone has any pointers, please add them here as a comment?

** If you want to do your own project, please be my guest! Don't let me stop you. GO FOR IT!
This note is an invite to a potentially collaborative project, "Machine Screams". **

Posting this as a note on facebook as well.

1 comment:

R·E said...

2/26/2010 -- burned CD last night, mailing today. 10 tracks, all made in Feb, with two significant tracks contributed by LeeHowardProductions.org and a few rockin' drum tracks by Cayce Andrew!